Siemens Hearing Aids
Siemens Hearing Aids was purchased by a private equity firm and renamed Sivantos, Inc., in 2015. Sivantos re-branded their Siemens Hearing Solutions division as “Signia Hearing Aids“. In addition to the hearing aid brands of Signia or Siemens, they also market their hearing aids under the brand names of Rexton, A&M, and Audio Service. The Sivantos Group is one of the largest and most well-respected hearing aid manufacturers in the world. Sivantos produces 1/4 of all hearing aids sold globally.
Signia/Siemens Hearing Aids include a significant number of innovative features within their hearing products. Many of the features are designed to make them comfortable to wear, produce an exceptionally natural sound and simpler for the wearer to control and use.
Features offered by Signia/Siemens include:
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Becoming a mainstay in hearing aids, this feature allows for the direct connection of smartphones to hearing aids. The StreamLine TV accessory allows connectivity between your hearing aids and TV.
- Remote Control Options: This feature allows the hearing aids to be controlled with the free downloadable “myControl App”.
- Ultra HD e2e Link: Provides for full bandwidth data exchange and audio processing between two hearing aids.
- Directional Microphones: Speech recognition and comprehension are improved in noisy situations. This feature allows the wearer to focus on the person directly in front of them.
- Twin Phone: This feature provides for a telephone signal to be transmitted to both hearing aids simultaneously, providing a much clearer and easy to understand conversation.
- Wax-Guards: Helps protect your hearing devices from an accumulation of ear wax that can negatively impact the sound output of hearing aids.
- Windscreen: Protects the microphones from dirt and debris and helps reduce wind noise.
- Tinnitus Therapy: Siemens/Sivantos hearing aids are the only ones with Notch Therapy. Notch Therapy helps provide relief from Tinnitus. This feature also provides ocean wave signals and five static noise types to help mask tinnitus.
- Own Voice Processing (OVP): The OVP feature provides unparalleled audibility by processing the wearer’s voice faster and independent from other sounds.
Signia/Siemens Costs & Pricing
The cost depends upon the technology level selected. HearSource offers Signia Hearing aids at extremely discounted prices.
Siemens or Signia Hearing Aid Repairs
Signia/Siemens has been a trusted brand within the hearing aid industry for many years. The purchase of Siemens hearing aids by Sivantos should continue the advancement and development of their hearing technologies. Innovation of their product line has been lauded and admired by and within the hearing industry for years. Signia integrates some of the latest technological advancements into their hearing aids in an attempt to meet the anticipated needs of their customers.
The recent merger of Savantos and Widex (2019) has generated a hearing conglomerate that will provide increased market share and technilogical prowess hard to match by any other hearing aid manufacturer.